The Department of Women and Child Development, Govt. of NCT of Delhi is implementing following Schemes for the Welfare of Deprived Section of Society :
- CHILD WELFARE : Admission in Institutions established under Juvenile Justice Act is given by the order of Juvenile Justice Board & Child welfare committees. Admission in Non-Custodial Institutions is given on the recommendations of the Admission Committee. Facilities of free Boarding –Lodging, Clothing, Education, Vocational Training, Entertainment etc. are provided to the inmates admitted in these Institutions trying to bring them in the main stream of the society. For getting admission in Day Care Centers/Crèches, parents have to apply on the prescribed form, which is available in the office of the In-charge of the Center free of cost. After completing all the formalities as per rules, Superintendent of the Center gives admission & parents pay the fees to keep the ward in the Center.
- WOMEN WELFARE AND EMPOWERMENT : The Department is running one Statutory (Nirmal Chhaya) and three Non-Statutory Residential Institutions (Short Stay Home, Widow Home & After Care Home for Women) for upliftment and empowerment of Women. In statutory institution, admission is given by the order of the concerned courts and in non-statutory institutions admission is given on the recommendations of the Admission Committee.
- FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE SCHEMES: Department is implementing various Financial Assistance Schemes of Govt. of Delhi for the benefit of different sections through Financial Assistance Cell i.e. Financial Assistance to Widows(Delhi Pension Scheme to Women in Distress), Widow’s Daughter Marriage, Delhi Ladli Scheme 2008.
- IMPLEMENTATION OF INTEGERATED CHILD DEVELOPMENT SCHEME : Department is running 95 ICDS projects in NCT of Delhi to provide free school education, immunization, health check-up, supplementary nutrition to 0-6 yrs. children & supplementary nutrition to pregnant & breast feeding women under Integrated Child Development Scheme.
- G.I.A. TO VOLUNTARY ORGANIZATIONS : The Department is entrusted with the work of recommending Grant-In-Aid GIA applications or proposals received from the interested eligible organizations/ NGOs under various GIA schemes of the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment & Ministry of Women & child Development, Government of India in this field of welfare of underprivileged sections of society. The Department is also implementing the scheme of The Grant to social welfare institutions organizations by the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi Rules 2008. Apart from this Department also gives license to run residential institutions for the welfare of women & children.
- IMPLEMENTATION OF VARIOUS SOCIAL LEGISLATIONS : Department is implementing various social legislation’s like - Juvenile Justice Act, 1986, The Immoral Traffic Prevention Act, 1956, The Women and Children Institutions Licensing Act, 1956, Dowry Prevention Act, 1984, The Delhi Commission for Women Act,1995, Delhi Dowry Prohibition Rules 2000.
- PROHIBITION SERVICES : Mission of the Department is to promote healthy living among the citizens of Delhi by educating them regarding ill effects of liquor and drug abuse. Dte. of Prohibition under its prohibition publicity campaign is pleading for awareness generation for early prevention of drug abuse and alcoholism. A wide publicity explaining the evils is being organized to reach the target population directly. Various De-addiction Centers are all Major Hospitals like Safdarjung, AIIMS, LNJP, GB Pant, GTB Hospitals,Institute of Human Behaviour an Allied Sciences, Dilshad Garden, Delhi. - List of Detoxification Centers in Delhi. .