Department of WCD, Delhi Government is implementing various Financial Assistance Schemes of Govt. of India and Govt. of Delhi for the benefit of different sections through Financial Assistance Cell.
Department of Women and Child Development is running two Financial Assistance Schemes for the benefit of widows/women in distress:-
1. Delhi Pension Scheme to Women in Distress (Widow Pension)
2. Widow’s Daughter Marriage(WDM)
1) WIDOW PENSION SCHEME
AIMS AND OBJECTIVE
To provide social security by way of Financial Assistance to Widows, Divorced, Separated, Abandoned, deserted or Destitute women in the age group of 18 years to lifelong who have no adequate means of subsistence and are poor, needy and vulnerable.
QUANTUM OF ASSISTANCE AND MODE OF PAYMENT FOR WIDOW PENSION.
The rate of assistance is Rs. Two thousand five hundred (Rs. 2500/- per month) per head remitted to the bank account of the beneficiary on a monthly basis through ECS of RBI or PFMS.
The assistance shall become payable from the next month of application.
INITIATIVES AND ACHIEVEMENT:
Under Delhi Pension Scheme to Women in Distress (Widow Pension), the present number of ongoing beneficiaries are approx. 3.5 Lakh Tentatively.
2) WIDOW-DAUGHTER MARRIAGE SCHEME
AIMS AND OBJECTIVE
To provide financial assistance to the poor widows for performing the marriage of their daughters(up to two daughters). To provide financial assistance to the guardians including Homes/Institutions or foster parents of an orphan girl for her marriage. This is a one-time grant.
QUANTUM OF ASSISTANCE AND MODE OF PAYMENT FOR WIDOW’S DAUGHTER MARRIAGE SCHEME
Quantum of Assistance is Rs. 30,000/- only.
COMMON ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR BOTH SCHEMES
(i) She has been residing in Delhi for more than 5 years preceding the date of application.
(ii) Applicant's annual income does not exceed than Rs. 1,00,000/- (Rs. One Lakh).
(iii) She has a ‘singly-operated’ account in any bank for receiving the payment through an electronic clearing system.
(iv) She is not receiving any pension from Central Govt./State Govt./MCD and/or NDMC or any other source for this purpose.
Besides the above-mentioned criteria, the following two criteria are essential under Widow’s Daughter Marriage Scheme
(a) The girl for whose marriage the Financial Assistance is sought, should be major on the date of marriage i.e., above 18 years of age
(b) In the case of a Widow applicant Financial Assistance can be granted for performing marriage up to two daughters only.
- Self Declaration for Scheme "Delhi Pension Scheme to Women in Distress (Widow Pension Scheme)343.2 KB
- Gazette Amendments Notification in r/o applicant age group of 18 years to life-long under Delhi Pension Scheme to Women in NCT of Delhi.708.97 KB
- Cabinet Decision dated 30/08/2016238.06 KB
- Gazette Amendments Notification in r/o maximum income of the applicant under Delhi Pension Scheme to Women in NCT of Delhi.729.84 KB
- Notification of Delhi Pension Scheme to Women in Distress343.2 KB
- FAQ for "Delhi Pension Scheme to Women in Distress" (Widow Pension Scheme)119.99 KB
- Notification:- Delhi Pension Scheme to Women in Distress in the age group of 18 to 60 years Amendment Rules 2012.(FAS 01-Nov-2012)1.28 MB
- Notification dated 31/03/201188.08 KB
- Gazette Notification for using of ADHAAR for Delhi Pension Scheme to Women in Distress and Scheme of Financial Assistant for the Marriage of Daughters of Poor Windows and Orphan Girls3.56 MB
- Notification dated 01/11/2012 - Amendment of Rules of Delhi Pension Scheme to Women in Distress164.23 KB