Women Empowerment Cell
(Schemes and programmes for the benefit of economically and socially challenged Women and Children.)
The Department of Women and Child Development, GNCTD has the nodal responsibility for the implementation, coordination and development of various statutory services and programs for the welfare of needy women in Delhi. Besides, running the various homes and institutions, the department has also implemented many services for their welfare such as, the scheme of social security and assistance for widows, the Work Centre for Women for up-lifting the socio-economic status of women residing in the resettlement colonies.
8.2 The programmes and services being undertaken for the welfare of women can broadly be classified as under:
- Implementation of the Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act, 1956.
- To issue Certificate of License to the NGOs for running and managing Short Stay Homes for women under the Women and Children Institutions Licensing Act, 1956.
- Implementation of the Delhi Commission for Women Act, 1994.
- Implementation of the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005.
- Implementation of Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013.
- Homes for the protection, shelter, education, vocational training and rehabilitation of needy women and girls.
- Work centers for imparting vocational training-cum-production work facilities for the needy women and girls of resettlement colonies.
- Other welfare schemes for women and measures.
- Mission Shakti Guidelines for implementation during 15th Finance Commission period 2021-22 to 2025-262.73 MB
- Guidelines for "Nari Shakti Puraskars" - National Award for Women - 20222.87 MB
- Tender Notice inviting Tenders for Running and Managing 02 Shelter Homes for Pregnant and Lactating (Destitute) Women216.72 KB
- Tender Notice for invites application from reputed NGOs/VOs/CBOs/ Trust for setting up of Mahila Sahayata Prakostha274.65 KB
- Gazetted Notification of Delhi Commission For Women1.13 MB
- List of Shakhi One Stop Centre in NCT of Delhi.10.06 KB
- List of Govt. and NGO run Women Institution/Sehlter Homes in NCT of Delhi.27.25 KB
- List of Protection Officer in Govt of NCT of Delhi under PWDV Act 2005.5.61 KB
- List of District Magistrates notified as District Officers under Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace ( Prevention Prohibition and Redressal) Act 2013.282.65 KB