• Yes, the District Officer, WCD will verify the documents and if required home visit will be done before sanction of assistance or beneficiary may be called for document verification in District Office (if needed).
• SIR Report to be submitted on e-district at district level.
Application to be given to concerned District Office, WCD to change the Bank Account. However, Department is remitting Direct Benefit Transfer (Aadhar Based) payment. Payment of Widow Pension is remitted in Aadhar linked bank account only.
Application has to be given along with documentary proof of changed address to the concerned District W&CD Office.
• Financial Assistance for the marriage of daughters of poor widows and orphan girls is the welfare scheme of Govt. of NCT of Delhi to provide financial assistance to the poor widows for performing the marriage of their daughters (up to two daughters) and to provide financial assistance to the guardians including Homes/Institutions or foster parents of an orphan girl or an orphan girl for her marriage.
• The quantum of Assistance is one time Rs. 30,000 (Rs. Thirty Thousand only per application) up to two daughters only.
If the assistance was sanctioned on furnishing of false documents, penal action will be initiated and appropriate liability levied against the beneficiary for furnishing false documents. Recovery of the amount shall also be done.
• The financial assistance can be granted for performing marriage upto two daughters only.
• Residence of minimum 5 years in Delhi before the date of application.
• Income of applicant should be less than Rs 1,00,000/-Per year from all sources (including rent, interest/dividends on savings & investments, earnings from farm, property sale proceeds etc.) of the applicant.
• Applicant should have Aadhar number
• The Applicant should have single-operated Aadhaar linked account with any bank in NCT of Delhi only.
• The applicant should not be in receipt of any assistance from the discretionary fund of the Lt. Governor or the Chief Minister of Delhi for the same purpose.
• The girl whose marriage is to be solemnized should be major on the date of marriage i.e. above 18 years of age.
• The application must be submitted within a period of sixty days, before or after the date of marriage being solemnized.
60 Days for sanction of application at District Level.
1. An application for the financial assistance under this scheme shall be submitted online on e-district portal https://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in or offline to the District WCD Officer concerned in the prescribed Form, which may be obtained from any of the offices of the District WC&D Offices.
2. The application shall contain the recommendation from the Member of Legislative Assembly of National Capital Territory of Delhi or the Member of Parliament of the area concerned.
3. The application shall be submitted at least Sixty days, before or after the date of marriage.
4. The following self attested documents shall be scanned and uploaded/attached with the application:-
a. In case of Widow applicant a copy of the death certificate of her husband issued by the Registrar- Births & Deaths;
b. A copy of Ration card or voter identity card or any proof of residence;
c. A self declaration with regard to the income of the applicant
d. Age proof of girl in the form of school leaving certificate or date of birth certificate issued by Registrar of Births & Deaths
e. In case of orphan girl grown up on her own, an affidavit on stamp paper duly attested by a Metropolitan or Executive Magistrate or a Notary or a certificate from a Gazetted Officer to the effect that she is an orphan.
f. In case of girl brought up by a guardian or foster parent or the relative, such persons or guardian should submit the affidavits to the effect that the girl is an orphan and he/they have brought her up.
g. A marriage invitation card of the marriage for which the financial assistance is sought.
h. Self-declaration to the effect that no financial assistance has been received
by the applicant from any other Govt. organization, Non-Govt. organization, Municipal Corporation of Delhi or New Delhi Municipal Corporation or any other statutory or non-statutory agency for this purpose.
i. Aadhar Card
j. Residence proof of last 5 year residence in Delhi.
k. Bank account details (Single –operated Aadhar linked) in Delhi only.
l. Bank passbook / statement for last one year.
m. In case of SC/ST applicant, caste certificate in the name of the applicant issued by competent authority and in case of minority applicants selfdeclaration of the religion of the applicant duly verified from the religious institution has to be submitted.
n. One passport size photo of applicant.
o. One photograph of Marriage Ceremony.
• Follow the following steps
Step 1: Go to https://uidai.gov.in
Step 2: Choose Aadhar services
Step 3: Choose Aadhaar Linking Status
Step 4: Enter your 12 digit Aadhar number.
Step 5: Enter security Code and click on Send OTP
Step 6: After receiving OTP on registered mobile number, enter OTP.
Details of Aadhar/bank lining status will be available as active and inactive status. If yours Aadhar linking status seen as:-
- Inactive: Kindly contact your concerned bank branch for further processing of Aadhar linking.
- Active: Kindly inform the concerned District Office for further processing.
• Application to be made online on e-District portal (Delhi). Link : https://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/
• Any applicant who wishes to avail Financial Assistance Scheme under Financial Assistance to Poor Widows for Marriage of their Daughters and Orphan Girls has to register herself on e-district portal of GNCTD.
• Log on https://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/
• Under Citizen Corner click on New User
• Click on select the document – Aadhar or Voter ID
• Enter your Aadhar Card Number/Voter ID Card Number
• Type the Captcha in the box shown
Citizen Registration Form will Open
• Fill up all fields including details of Present Residential Address
• Enter Captcha, Click on Continue.
• Login ID and Password will be received on given mobile number/e-mail address.
• Now Registration on e-district portal is complete
Registration for Financial Assistance Services
• Click on Registered User Login
• Enter given login ID and Password
• Enter Captcha and Click on Login
• Go to Main Page (Main Page) will open click on apply online.
• Drop Box apply for services will open – click on the link.
• List of Departments providing online services shall open –
Select on Department of Women & Child Development.
• Three Financial Assistance Schemes will be shown. Choose the relevant scheme
and Click on Apply.
• Check the BASIC/PERSONAL DETAILS FORM and click on Continue.
• Form will open fill up all required fields & uploads all required documents as per requirement of scheme selected.
• Then click next and upload photograph
• Then click on finish.
• One OTP will be received on registered mobile number.
• Enter OTP and Submit.
• Acknowledgement of successful submission shall be generated.
*Application can also be submitted offline at concerned District Office for the time being. The application form is available on http://www.wcddel.in <downloads> and at all District Office, DWCD.
Yes, Aadhaar number is mandatory for filling up the application- without Aadhaar number, application portal will not work.
Single operated Aadhar linked bank account of any bank in Delhi only.
1. Widow as applicant want to apply for marriage of her girl under the scheme, then Aadhaar card of widow as applicant is mandatory and Aadhaar card of girl whose marriage is being performed is optional.
2. Orphan Girl as applicant want to apply for her marriage under the scheme then Aadhaar card of orphan girl as applicant is mandatory.
3. Proof of Identify (anyone)
• Voter ID card
• Pan card
• Driving License
• Aadhar Card
• Insurance Policy Documents
• Electricity Bill/ Water Bill/ Telephone Bill/ Gas Connection receipt
• Bank passbook
• Caste Certificate issued in Delhi
• Service identify card of public/private sector company/established concerned.
• Property Document.
• Any other document which clearly shows at least 5 year of residence in Delhi
• Birth Certificate issued by MCD/Registrar-Births & Deaths
• School leaving certificate of class last attended
• Matriculation/10th Certificate
• Hospital discharge slip at the time of birth of the child
• Voter ID card
• Pan card
• Driving License
• Aadhar Card
• Age assessment medical certificate
• Any document issued by the Government/Govt. recognized body stating date and place of birth
No, the scheme is only for the residents of Delhi, residing from last 5 years.
Income of applicant should be less than Rs 1,00,000/ per year from all sources of the applicant.
Rs 30,000/- One time.
Yes, the application should be attested from Gazetted Officer or area MP/MLA.
• In case ‘No Documentary Evidence’ is available with the applicant with regard to proof of residence, the following shall be admissible;
1. applicant may produce any of the two witnesses from the following list, in front of the District, WCD Officer/any official deputed by the DWCDO for the said purpose.
a. President or General Secretary of RWA of the locality
b. Registered shopkeepers/Registered doctors working in the locality (with their registration numbers)
c. Two neighbors of the applicant with their contact details.
No, Only girls studying in a Delhi Government Schools/ recognized schools /MCD schools/ NDMC school/ Cantonment Board schools can avail benefit under this scheme.